Doctrines of the church
God's one Body is constituted by and established upon, the Doctrines of the Apostles, as given to them by Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. NEW Covenant commands can ONLY be established by NEW Covenant Scripture.
Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the Apostlesí DOCTRINE.
Ephesians 2:19 Godís household, built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone.
Ephesians 3:4-5 The mystery of Christ, which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to Godís holy Apostles and Prophets.
Galatians 1:11-12 I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, rather I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.
1. Speak where the Bible speaks, remain silent where the Bible is silent.
Proverbs 30:5-6 Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not ADD to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar.
1Corinthians 4:6 Do not go beyond what is written.
Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
2. The Old Covenant including the Ten Commandments and over 600 Mosaical laws were nailed to the cross, The church is accountable only to the commands of Jesus within the New Covenant.
Colossians 2:14 Having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.
Romans 7:4,6 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another (Covenant), to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
Hebrews 8:13 By calling this covenant "NEW", he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.
3. The church gathers on the First Day of the week.
Acts 20:7 On the first day of the week we came together to break bread.
4. On the first day of the week, the church is commanded to remember Jesus via eating Unleavened Bread and drinking Grape Juice.
1Corinthians 11:23-26 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me. For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lordís death until he comes.
5. On the first day of the week, the church is commanded to Sing to one another, not play instruments or clap.
Ephesians 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord.
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
6. On the first day of the week, the church is commanded to take up a collection of money for the Saints, with each Christian being the ONLY one to determine how much they give.
1Corinthians 16:1-2 Now about the collection for Gods people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income.
2Corinthians 9:7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, NOT reluctantly or UNDER COMPULSION, for God loves a cheerful giver.
7. When the church gathers they study God's WORD.
2Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
8. Every Christian is a Saint (Set apart) and a Priest (One who offers sacrifices to God) as defined by God's NEW Covenant.
Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints.
1Peter 2:5 You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God.
9. Upon Christ's second and last visit to earth, the universe will be destroyed by fire, and all who have lived will be judged to either Heaven or Hell.
2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
Hebrews 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.
Romans 2:7-8 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth (God's WORD) and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
Matthew 25:46 Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.
10. Denominations are NOT something that God's Word considers a good thing, the Bible absolutely denounces DENOMINATIONS.
Acts 20:30 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.
11. God's WORD is able to destroy any False Denominational Doctrine (Teaching) all while upholding the ONE church that Jesus came to build.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Ephesians 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD of God.
Titus 1:9 Encourage others by Sound Doctrine and REFUTE those who oppose it.
12. God's WORD declares that there are at least 10 different 'factors' pertaining to God that actually save us;
2. Faith (Ephesians 2:8)
3. Ensuring your life is right (1Timothy 4:16)
4. Ensuring your Doctrine is right (1Timothy 4:16)
5. Obedience (Hebrews 5:9)
6. Holiness (Hebrews 12:14)
7. The Word of God (1Peter 1:23)
8. Jesus' Body (1Peter 2:24)
9. Baptism (1Peter 3:21)
10. Jesus' Blood (Revelation 1:5)
Here are some teachings that are NOT found within God's NEW Covenant, and shame on those who preach the opposite. Guess what, if you preach the points listed below as being NEW Covenant DOCTRINE,
are the one sinning, against 1Corinthians 4:6 !
1Corinthians 4:6 Do not go beyond what is written.
And then all who have been Baptized INTO God's NEW Covenant, we need to STOP sinning by ALLOWING others to Speak Evil of that which is considered acceptable. (That which God's Word does NOT condemn.)
Romans 14:16 Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.
Here are some teachings that are NOT found within God's NEW Covenant ;
1. Missing a Sunday assembly is a sin. (Untrue)
2. Christians must gather on Wednesdays. (Untrue)
3. Divorced Christians cannot remarry. (Untrue)
4. Sometimes Divorce is a prerequisite to being Baptized INTO Christ. (Untrue)
5. Christians cannot drink alcohol. (Untrue)
6. If a congregation offers the 'liberty' of gathering twice on Sunday,
we must gather twice. (Untrue)
7. To buy a lottery ticket is a sin. (Untrue)
8. Christians cannot be wealthy. (Untrue)
10 IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. Don't be bound by anything that's not in the New Testament (NEW Covenant)
2. Attending Wednesday night services is not commanded in the New Testament, these gatherings are a liberty, not a requirement, yet they are great for study and fellowship.
3. Attending TWO services on Sunday, is not commanded in the New Testament, If a congregation has TWO services, that is a liberty, not a requirement, but any service is great for worship, study and fellowship. Gathering once is what is mentioned in Acts 20:7.
4. Not being able to worship with the body on some Sunday, should not be a reason for feeling ANY guilt, (But not gathering should not keep one from remembering Jesus with the Unleavened Bread / Fruit of the Vine, as well as setting aside your weekly gift towards God's body - see #5) Some try using Hebrews 10:25 to say that people sin if they miss a Sunday service, The word 'forsake' here is a direct translation of the Greek word 'Abandon', Abandon means to PERMANENTLY stop meeting together, Missing a Sunday is NOT permanently ABANDONING the gathering of God's Body.
5. Giving financially to the body of Christ is mentioned in 1Corinthians 16:2 and 2Corinthians 9:7 This is NOT Tithing (Ten percent, Old Covenant) A person's giving is commanded to be; According to their income, What only THEY have decided in their heart to give, And NOT to be done under COMPULSION (Anyone telling them how much to give)
6. Being baptized INTO Christ, (into His ONE Body, the church, Defined by the ONE Doctrine of the New Testament) means you're pledging a good conscience toward God (1Peter 3:21) You are entering INTO Salvation, a lifetime covenant with God, One that you will NOT regret. When people fall away and no longer go to church, or try to win souls, It's not because they've had some problem with someone at church or WHATEVER, It's because they have turned their back on God and have broken their covenant with Him. The Bible says they are now worse off than never having known Jesus.
7. There is absolutely NOTHING preventing a 'believing' 'repentant' 'confessing' sinner, from being baptized INTO Christ. Not any former sin, not any prior divorces, not any previous relationships, not any preachers' opinion. NOTHING is preventing any believer from starting to follow Jesus' New Covenant and becoming a 'NEW CREATION' in Christ. Hallelujah.
8. God's New Covenant DENOUNCES 'Denominations' with a Passion.
9. WE BELIEVE JESUS WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY AND FULL OF JOY ! ! !
10. p.s. It's best not to judge God's body by it's members, (yet this is not an attempt in ANY way to excuse unChristlike behavior from any member) For God's ONE body is constituted by it's ONE Doctrine, and really ought not be dismissed due to humans and their weaknesses, When the congregations in the book of Revelation were having problems, (Revelation 2-3) God still addresses them as His church, For His church is constituted by His Doctrine, yet He sternly warned them concerning their behavior.
1 Corinthians 1:28 "He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are."
Hope to see you on a beach in Heaven, Try to
share your Faith,
See if you can find a common thread in these scriptures ;
2 Kings 4:3
2 Kings 13:18
God is priceless ! Chat with Him ;o)
TABLE of CONTENTS
1. CONTACT US
2. The CHURCH that JESUS CAME to BUILD
3. sATAN's BIGGEST SCHEME
4. (ROMANS 10:9) (The THIEF) (DEATHBED Salvation)
5. The TRUTH about - SAVED by GRACE through FAITH
6. THE ONE BAPTISM
7. PLAN of SALVATION
8. THE ONLY PROOF that GOD EXISTS
9. STRANGE HUMAN LOGIC
10. TOPICS of COMMON ERROR
11. ANSWERS to BIG QUESTIONS
12. WHAT ? ? ? YOU DON'T LIKE THIS WEBSITE ?
13. MILLIONAIRES be SURE to CLICK on THIS
14. CLICK and SHARE this GOOD NEWS TODAY
15. The HISTORY of DENOMINATIONS and their FOUNDERS
16. The TRUTH about SPIRITUAL GIFTS
17. RESPONSE to a PREACHER of FALSE 'baptist' DOCTRINE
18. DOCTRINES of GOD's CHURCH
19. COOL STUFF to COPY and SHARE
www. findthetruth .com